Creativity and Genre
When deciding what to do in life you have to make several different choices or decisions to help you along the way or to choose what to do. Now, creativity helps you figure out how you can shape your life or decisions. But without it things will be plain and dull with no excitement. Your choices and decisions should always have creativity in them. So, when you read a book you don't want to read a boring book that doesn't interest you. Or if you watch a film or movie you don't want to start falling asleep while watching it,, you want to be able to lean up on your seat and question what's going to happen next. You want to put yourself in the movie or film in a way which gets you connected to those characters. You want creativity because it helps you feel good and excited.
For the portfolio I was going to do a film at first. But learning how to make the film and understand how to show creativity through it didn't seem fun and exciting to me. So, I decided to switch it up and make a magazine. Now, choosing what to do for a magazine is hard because there are so many different kinds of magazines and choices out there that you can choose from. So, I looked into the things I love to do and watch. I love sports especially volleyball but researching volleyball magazines wasn't very creative to me. So, I decided to do something that I love which is baking. My magazine will be about baking foods and deserts.
I researched a bunch of magazines to understand what to make the magazine look like and how to bring it to life in a way. I saw a magazine called "Baking Heaven" and it showed me a lot. It had the brightest colors ever and showed images of the dessert to get a better idea of what they were talking about. It had little captions inn places which intrigued me and made me want to keep reading through and see the other desserts that were hiding inn the inside of the magazine. Another magazine I studied and researched don was "Eat Well". Now, that one showed me effects I can put onto a magazine to make the word pop or add a blurry effect to the background to make certain things pop out. But it also showed me to add words and quotes or messages in places because without them it isn't as interesting and creative. It just ends up showing a a bunch of foods but no description on what it is or how to make it which is something you'd want to know how to do if reading the magazine.
An Interview with Ron Beghetto: Subtle Nuances of Creativity in Learning and Life. This article helped explain what creativity was. It defines creativity as identity. Meaning however creative you are that is your identity and that sis what makes you; you. It helps bring out what you want too show in a creative way which allows your personal self to flow out to. Creativity helps you express yourself whether through film or a magazine. A film you can express the different effects you choose because of films you may like to watch. For magazines same thing, if you like sporty magazines then you would do a sporty magazine not a makeup one with girly models. You wouldn't do it because it's your identity it's who you are.
Comments
Post a Comment